Wednesday, July 9, 2008

TODAY!!! on C-SPAN: Hearing on Rising Food Prices

Today at 10am, the Committee on Education and Labor will hold a Hearing entitled "The Rising Costs of Food and Its Impact on Federal Child Nutrition Programs." One of the Legislative Assistants gave me the assignment of preparing a few questions for Congressman Altmire to ask at the hearing. One of the issues they will be discussing is the effect of rising food prices on school lunch programs, and the ways schools have had to cut back in order to meet costs. I don't know if Congressman Altmire will ask any of my questions, but it's still very exciting. In any case -- you can watch the hearing on C-SPAN TODAY!!! If you go to http://www.cspan.org look on the right-hand side of the screen and click on "Price of Food for Nutrition Programs for Children." It will then take you to a screen where you can see the video feed.

Addendum on 7-10-08: Congressman Altmire was unable to come to this hearing because he had another hearing scheduled at the same time. However, it was still very interesting for me to observe. I took many good notes which I will share with you in a later blog. It was also good experience for me to develop these questions.

No comments: